Thursday, February 14, 2013

How to ruin your husband's Valentines Day

Every once in a while I like to browse Craigslist's "Free" section, to see if anyone's trying to get rid of anything that I totally don't need but convince myself that I do.  In the past, I've been able to score:

-A small filtered above-ground pool (similar to this one...)


-9 unopened boxes of frozen Celeste Pizzas (from a guy who bought 10 of them and decided they were gross after eating just one....)


-A half-pipe (yes, that's me as a college boy...)



But today, I came across something rather troubling.  Here's the link, if you're interested in ruining a stranger's day.  If the link gets taken down, the screenshot...


I can't believe these two got married before realizing that the comic-book collecting was tearing them apart.  This seems like a situation where the person should have known that he/she wasn't just marrying his/her fiance, but rather, the fiance AND Captain America.  Kind of like a pet, except an animated one... that doesn't actually exist... and was created to inspire childish fantasies in grown men and preteens alike.

But let's be real... no matter how much you hate your husband/wife/partner's hobby, if you're giving it away for FREE to some stranger on Craigslist on VALENTINES DAY, you might as well just hand him heart-shaped divorce papers.  Seriously, how do you expect the conversation to go when he gets home from work and discovers that his treasured collection (which he probably spent quite a bit of time and money building) is GONE?

"Hey honey, have you seen my Captain America comics?"
"Yes, I gave them away for free on Craigslist to save our marriage."
"Oh, I see.  Well then I guess you're all I have left... I love you baby."  :-*

All I'm saying... You better hope he doesn't notice until AFTER you get your chocolates.


No comments:

Post a Comment