Saturday, January 26, 2013

Permanent Scars

Today I watched a stranger stab my girlfriend repeatedly for four hours straight, leaving her a sore, bloody mess...


Lucky for us, that stranger is the very talented Amanda Abbott of Empire Tattoo in Somerville.  The battle-scars form a beautiful "Victorian cameo" (simply put, a lady-face from the side.  It's okay, I wouldn't have known either).  I'll refrain from posting a picture of the ink until it's finished... Needless to say, four hours of pain was as much as my girlfriend could handle... which still beats my record of about 20 minutes.  Please don't take that out of context.

But I will say this:  Having spent a good amount of time in tattoo parlors throughout my early 20's, I do give high-marks both to Amanda's work and to Empire Tattoo as a whole.  The experience was made especially great for me being able to watch The Goonies in the waiting room (cheers to my fellow children of the 80's/90's):


No comments:

Post a Comment