Thursday, January 17, 2013

In the beginning...

It's been a LONG time coming, so here we go... I finally feel compelled to express myself in more than 140 characters.

So if you're just tuning in, allow me to introduce myself:



Hi!  My name is Matt Shearer.  I'm soon-to-be 26 years old, living in Boston, and spinning throwback tunes on the all-new Hot 96.9 (WTKK-FM).  Here's my cheap attempt to build cred by posting pictures of myself with celebrities:

Gordon Ramsay hated every second of taking this photo:

Janeane Garofalo didn't get my "Wet Hot American Summer" joke:

Elizabeth Warren needed this photo to win the hearts of MA voters:

Whatever, he's a celebrity:

Marky Ramone MIGHT have given me food-poisoning.  Delicious sauce, though:

Metric for some hipster cred:

3x Superbowl Champ Joe Andruzzi put a ring on my finger:

Governor Deval Patrick had me over to his house once.  My hair was better that day:

No, I didn't greet him with "Hello, Newman":

Tony Shalhoub was Obama-fied:

I don't know what SNL did to Victoria Jackson but she may have officially lost her mind:

Try not to inhale near Cheech & Chong.  Seriously:

John King probably doesn't tell his bosses at CNN that he's from Dorchester:

Jon Lovitz was not a big fan of the internet, so I know he'll never see this:

Jason & Grant from "Ghost Hunters" used to be in radio, too:

Harland Williams should be in the Dumb & Dumber sequel:

Kids in the Hall... literally:

And last but certainly not least, SPIKE (the face of Spike's Junkyard Dogs):




That's enough for now.  I'll probably find more floating around my computer in forgotten folders, which will be added later.  For the most part, I plan to use this blog as a place to share my work with you, as well as the many thoughts that cross my mind.

Meanwhile:
Follow me on Twitter
Add me on Facebook
High-five me in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment