Thursday, January 24, 2013

#Instagram

This was posted last night on Reddit, and I think it deserves a discussion:

I was at McDonalds and this kid dropped his chocolate milk, began to cry, and his dad got up, said “this some instagram shit” and started taking pictures.


Let's be real:  Instagram is just LOADED with selfies, cats, and dinner pics... Every time something happens in your life that transcends the mundane, you feel compelled to document it for the world to see, with as many hashtags as possible.  I know, I'm the same way, it's those bizarre personal moments that make Instagram so great.  THE PROBLEM:  Now whenever we see a potentially troubling situation (i.e., a car crash, a street fight, or, ya know... a kid throwing a fit in McDonalds), our first instinct isn't to do something about it, but to throw the X-Pro filter on it and get as many <3's as possible. It's kind of crazy.

That said, I'd have <3'd that picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment